Saturday, April 14, 2012

Trinkets of the ilvl359 Variety

[:1]I'm using Essence of the Cyclone and Fluid Death like a good casual hunter raider clone, but I just picked up Prestor's Talisman of Machination.

Now, I know you have "check FD" macro'd to your response button, so just chill for a second. I was actually hoping to ask some of the more experienced hunters (you know who you are, and you're likely banned for ludicrous reasons at the moment) if a re-arrangement of stats through reforging and some other tweaks would push Prestor's in front of one of these other two trinkets.

Go go thinktank! >_> <3
Last time I checked FD, Prestor's Talisman was a 290 dps upgrade over essence of the cyclone, and even slightly better than the heroic version. I high amount of haste proc lasting 5 seconds longer than the crit proc from essence just scales better, with the internal cooldown on prestor's just being slightly (10 seconds I believe) longer.

Prestor's is BiS
I was wondering the same thing, can anybody confirm if Bowaflexs info is correct?
I can confirm my own research that wearing the 4pc T11 with Prestor's is the highest I could sim my DPS.

I'm assuming that with the flat reduction in cast time on our regen shot, haste becomes more powerful. Then again, I worry that the results I've simmed are biased around haste plateaus that may, or may not, be replicated in-game.

Either way, I'm going to swap it in and out of my gear set over the next few raid nights to see if there's a comparable DPS change. Unless, of course, anyone else has better information.
piercing shots. crits>haste.
Dynamic haste calculations can be a bit iffy when spreadsheeted, EJs goes into detail about that. If it were an on use effect, it would be awesome but as a proc I'm not so sure. I thought having 4pt11 further diminishes the value of haste, except at certain plateaus.

Cyclone stacks really well with haste effects (RF, lust) whereas Prestor's would be wasted. I think the haste trinket could work well on stand still fights (Halfus, Chimaeron) but the crit trinket would work better on most current content. I'd keep Fluid Death either way.

Make sure you set up some kind of notification so you can proactively respond to each proc - and let us know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment