Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Can any of you kill a Deathknight 1v1? 2v1?

I know I can't..

I don't know much about the arena scene, but in world pvp or even BG's I don't stand a chance against any DK I've ever come across.

This is how my fights usually go...

1. DK grips me, roots me
2. I use defensive cd to get range and AS/ES spam
3. DK pops magic shield, roots me
4. In desperation I use another defensive cd before I die.

Either I'm a major noob or this is another example of a hard counter. Possibly both.

I'd like to know how other hunters fare against deathknights. Maybe there's another class that you feel you have trouble playing against?
Trap roots + pet roots = win.

Like all melee you should try to have disengage up when they use their gap closer.

In world pvp/BGs anyways.
b4 cata... i was hopeless... now it 2 took allies to kill my one hunter and i almost killed one of them while running around... (fyi... the one i almost killed i killed 2 times b4 this when he was solo...)


if it takes 2 allies to kill your hunter why are you so bad in 2v2 ?

Seriously. You did nothing in pve. You did nothing in pvp. Yet you can do things skilled hunters can't ....

Troll. Log your main and post on hit.
Nobody care if some people can kill inexperienced players.

Everyone can kill bad players wearing pve gear like me.

I can roll face bad hunters with my ret paladin. But good hunters will easily kill me.
yes, around 60-70% of the time.

20-25% of the time i am missing a CD or am BM ( i dont play BM a lot so im a noob at it :p)

10-15% of the time they get a string if lucky crits or i still am snared from the last fight i was in. that or they out skill me.


I get killed by good players all the time. Well, at least I tell myself they were good and that's why I died. It makes me feel better about being bad.
I would suggest when the DK grips you to lay down snake trap, immolation trap, and frost. It is almost guaranteed that he will grip you, so just hold off on your traps 'til he does so. It'll put that DK in a world of hurt when he does; and if you're SRV spec, and speced into Entrapment, he'll be rooted down whilst you Disengage and then start ripping on him (as you laugh heartily as he's being consumed by fire and snakes). I would also suggest to save Deterrence until he pops anti-magic, that way he won't be just beating on you when you can't do anything to him.

Cheers, and good luck! For the Alliance! Oh, and don't bathe with power tools.
-Save Disengage until after they use Death Grip
-Use Master's Call to break out of snares
-Use Steady Shot instead of Cobra when they use Anti-Magic Shell
-Use Freezing Trap or Wyvern Sting and run to max range
-Your pets Roar of Sacrifice helps a lot if they are hitting you
Saralonde
Saralonde
Barthilas Profile
Saralonde
85 Night Elf Hunter
When Bored Smash Horde
3050 @Fetchmybone - you are delusional. you must be fighting worse DKs than Granule.


----------------
Where did i say i fight DK ???

Axeperson said ...

I just pointed out that Axeperson had few pve and pvp achivement and so was probabbly trolling when he said he was able to kill 2 allies alone. He has a lossing record at under 500 rating in 2v2. It speak of itself imo.


I use glyphed masters call for the first 8 seconds and get my shots in. If you can avoid it , NEVER disengage BEFORE he death grips, always do it AFTER he grips UNLESS you hit deterrence.

Its a bit of an easier fight as a beast master. If I have a chimera pet out at the time I will stay out of range while he chases me and "Kill command kite" or KcK as I like to call it. As a beast master my kill command hurts pretty bad as I have reforged mastery and glyphs for it.

At this point he will do one or two things...get tired of running after me in which case I head back towards him and start shooting and repeate KcK when he pursues.

OR

Out of frustration he will try to stop and fight the pet.

In either scenario make sure if you approach to get back shooting that Disengage is ready.

I also have the glyph and the talent for quicker disengages.

Grahnja - try duelling a decent DK cos you won't find many skilled DK in World PvP or random BG.


No such thing.
Skilled DK's are by no means impossible to beat as a hunter. I'm not saying you will beat them 100% of the time but in World of Casualcraft there's alot of rng factors.

First you should be spec'd MM when fighting a DK, nothing hurts DK's more then silencing shot. If you're a goblin, you want to pop rocket jump/disengage, to get range and when they deathgrip, pop masters call + rocket jump/disengage (whichever u didnt use) to get range again and smash him. Save trinket for ghoul stun, don't be stupid and use pet stun when he has ams up, that's how I usually lose.

Watch his root cd and frost runes as well, you can deterence the last 2-3 seconds and he will try to reapply by instinct and you can use that to lay a frost entrapment and run away without having to worry about being slowed.

I can usually beat DK's in duels, but definitely not all the time
in wrath it was impossible to beat a skilled DK. they can just pop garg, and even if you never once let them hit you with a melee attack they would still kill you with nothing but ranged dmg. sad but true: dks were a better ranged class than hunters.


i dunno about in cata though
similar geared fight. an unholy dk doesn't need to hit you once in melee and will win from their disease dots and dc spams.

No comments:

Post a Comment