Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Question about PVP

Just want to know witch spec u guys personally find better for PVP and why and witch pets u normally uses?

Im focused on PVE and i dont know much about PVP so im just looking for some info about how hunters usually go on PVP..
Alot of people perfer marks, although i find Beast mastery much funner and "better"
Just choose what you like most or play better, I just can't do anything as marks on arenas, and I find BM pretty boring, but for me, SV and BM works best.
I prefer MM myself, just depends on your playstyle really, you'll find alot of hunters vary in opinions.

For MM I usually choose a spider/crab for the roots, but it helps to have a wide range of utility for pets. Like currently I have spider/moth/scorp/monkey/crab, spider is used all-round but moth is better for casters, scorp to disarm, so on and so forth.

Also get used to playing defensive until you get a feel for when to burst, most of your time will be spent kiting unless your in a BG. Mostly you have to wait for the classes to use their gap closers before you use your openers, ergo wait for deathgrip/shadowstep/charge before you disengage/scattershot.

Its really a fun and enjoyable class because you are always doing something, and hunters take more work then some classes to do well
MM does seem to be the preferred spec due to Aimed Shot hitting like a truck and the ability to reset your CD's with readiness. As for Pets, like Thelzar stated, there are many varieties and most common is the Spider for the 5 second root. I find myself switching out accordingly to the comp we go up against. For the most part, I usually just use my Sporebat (Dusts nearby enemies with spores, reducing all enemy targets within 6 yards of casting speed by 25% for 10 seconds.) The CD is 8 seconds.

With playing a Hunter in Arenas you really need to be on your toes and have your partners peel off you when needed. If not, you will be the first to go. Hunters are usually targeted first in 3v3 battles.
I used to play SV in PvP. Through SV I learned kiting and surviving and also learned which classes stomped me and by what means. I recently switched to MM. I prefer MM for PvP

Why? (these are my opinions)

First off, look at the talents for SV. One dispell of your dots and you basically lose the use of half your talents. Over time you will start to see that you wished you had more damage.
*SV Cons*
Resourcefulness...with resisted traps and other things, the lose of those trap cooldown is not really that noticable
Toxicology.....dispell....
Wyvern Sting.....dispell.....
Noxious Stings.....dispell and you lose the 10% bonus
Serpent Spread...cool...but you do not multishot that much, much less one after the other
Black Arrow.....again, dispell....and if you use Black Arrow, you can not use fire traps.

*MM Pros*
Aimed Shot....I have hits for over 40k
Rapid Fire...speed up your Aimed shot
Camo + Careful Aim....boost your Aimed Shot crit
Casters??? Silencing Shot
Resistance is Futile....even one point and you will have this proc, then your KC refunds focus
Master Marksmen stacks......free focus, instant aimed shot (40k crits :) )
Readiness....reset your stuff
Chimera Shot.....weee....a heal....at least 5k every cooldown.

No comments:

Post a Comment