Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hydras?

Will hunters ever get to have Hydras to tame? I know there use to be one from the Oracles daily, but I joined after they hot fixed it. They are considered crocks so why not let us have them? =/
Reckon they are saving it for a future xpac probably.
I hope that's the case... Cause as a Hunter we should be allowed to tame anything labled as a beast, and since Hydras at one point USE to be tameable, they should make it fair so that everyone can have one. I'm not saying the spirit ones, just any of the others. Make the spirit ones undead and then it would be fair. At least that's how I see it.
Lol, I guess so. xDDD
Lucky for me I taimed the ghost hydra and slime before the fix . They are tanks .... Slime tank ..Ok...But any how I use a cat most the time for DPS in groups But Hydras are nice when your soloing.
Waiting for basilisks myself. They do count as beasts...
I thought you always could tame hydras? I never tamed one myself because they are just too bulky IMO. Basillisks have been brought up numerous times in the past forums but yet blizzard hasn't done anything yet. I am kind of glad that you can't tame everything you see with 4 legs. Keep some things just to the world itself. We have a plethora of pets we can tame through out the game so it's not like we are lacking in the pet dept.
We should be allowed to tame anything LABELED as a BEAST. Hydras aren't bulky, you do realize there are the Core Hounds who ARE quite big as well. Same with Devilsaurs. Hydras are awesome and we SHOULD be allowed to tame them. Whether it be in another patch or in the next expansion. As hunters we should be given some more leeway due to the fact that Blizz continues to nerf us as much as they can. Most other classes got buffed, I do know and understand that others got nerfed as well. BUT! They haven't been getting nerfed for as long as us nor as hard. So I ask you, those who are proud to be hunters, do you or do you not agree with me on this? There are some things I do understand that shouldn't be tameable, but if it is labeled as a BEAST we should be able to tame them.
Well from what it "looks" like we WILL get hydras come patch 4.1 I've been hearing about it from those who are in the PTR and found out they now have their own abilities and own family. My source: http://www.wow-petopia.com/family/hydra.html

Lets hope that those who where able to "tame" a hydra in the PTR weren't just finding out a glitch and that we DO get them come next patch.
I was terribly confused why all these guys had no idea about 4.1... then i realized this thread is more than 2 months old.

/thread
Yeah, I was just updating it. I probably shoulda made a new thread for this new info then... Right?
Rumors of hydras abound on the PTR, petopia, and wow forums. Just curious, what would other people like to see from hydras?

1 - You have 3 Exotic Ferocity, 3 Exotic Tenacity and 2 Exotic Cunning pets, so if it is Exotic, it would be a good fit as Cunning, but if you consider that one of the Ferocity families is entirely rarespawned, Ferocity wouldn't be a poor choice either

2 - Again, assuming Exotic, the most thematically pleasing (IMO) form of their Exotic special would be an multi-attack of some sort. We already have a 360 degree effect, a frontal cone and simple multi-hitting would push them to be a "best" DPS pet, even as cunning, so a cleave effect would be different. A 3 target cleave would ideally fit a hydra, and if Ferocity, it would give (BM) hunters an AOE choice from each Pet type

3 - Even if not Exotic, most raid buffs are covered, and Ferocity could stand to have a few more "PVP" type effects. There is only one Disorient effect out there (monkey poo) and what could be more disorientating then being pummeled from 3 directions at once?

So
Hyda
Family: Ferocity
Base Ability: Disorient
Exotic Ability (If Exotic): 3-person cleave, shared timer with Basic Attack, same Focus cost, ~60-80% less damage per target compare to Basic Attack (making it a poor choice for normal use, but good for AOE periods, especially since it could be impacted by Longevity)
Diet: Gnomes, Blood Elf DKs, and Lv 1 Forum Alt posters
I've spent the past two days researching this and personally I hope they won't be exotic. I just got rid of my BM spec temporarily for my bg/arena spec, which is Surv. I have my PvE Surv spec and now my PvP Surv spec. If they are exotic then I guess I gotta wait till the end of the season then. Lol. And as for their diet... I luled at the gnome part, seeing as I hate gnomes with a burning passion. Lol. But I'm just in hopes that they aren't exotic. A hydra would look ba next to my wolf with the sword stabbed into his head, oil slicked wolf, oil slicked bird, consumed bear, flaming pig, and my ghost bird with the blue aura. Yes, I had fun taming those. Got them before the taming methods were made illegal. Rofl. Sad thing is I cannot use them in anything PvP rated or else they lose their cosmetic buffs...

But we shall all wait and see, right? Let's see what Blizz does to us hunters now. Will they stick it to non BM hunters again? Or will any hunter be able to tame one? We shall soon see when more is released on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment