Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pet death while spawning

[:1]Hello all! I'm a long time reader and first time poster so go easy on me. I've been noticing for a while, as i'm sure many of you have, that Hunter pets will spawn initially with a very low amount of health. Within a couple of seconds it will finally jump up to the proper amount. The most obvious time i see this occur is when dismounting, namely in BGs. This can become a problem in a few circumstances.

First one that comes to mind, is if a Deathknight cast Howling Blast as you are dismounting. By sheer lucky timing the Howling Blast cast on you will kill your pet as it attempts to spawn due to its initial low health. A dead pet means no Master's Call, Roar of Sacrifice, or pet ability and even more if your BM. Lets just say it can make a fight a lot more challenging.

I spent some time looking through hotfixes, P.T.R. patch notes, and even playing on the P.T.R. hoping to see this fixed. I haven't come across anything. I assume this bug is caused because your pet doesn't scale up to your gear until after it is summoned, though i could be wrong. So i guess my question is; have i missed something and this has been addressed? If not, I know it would probably take some recoding on your part Blizz, but i know it would make for some happy Hunters and much less grumpy pets if this was fixed. It would be great to know that this is at least being looked into so that my pets can let go of their fear of spontaneous combustion. Cheers!
I've noticed this too and it's really annoying. I've been farming for leatherworking which involves me dismounting a couple of feet in the air and dropping a turtle on some unsuspecting wolf. :) But maybe 1 in 20 pulls my fully tank-specced turtle will get oneshotted by a wolf's autoshot, leaving me no option but to kite or get nibbled for 10 seconds while resurrecting.
I have had this happen very often, especially since I love to attack from a dismount, my pet dies about 40% or more of the time. It is very annoying and has forced me to now dismount outside of mob ranges and work my way in when most of the time I would pref to skip the outter 3 mobs and farm the target of my choice.

So far PETA hasn't harrassed me but I don't expect that to last.....

Help me Blizzard Developers .. you are my only hope.


Sym
Indeed, it was really annoying when I was leveling. Haven't had many problems with it in PvP yet.
Agreed, This problem exists also when you use heart of the phoenix. Supposedly your pet rezes with full life. I've ran into it rezing to its minimum full life, then going to its max life but its hp staying at the low amount. The other is the 3-4 seconds for it to go from its low life to its full life. In either case, its horrible to Phoenix only to have an aoe or something else to insta kill it again, and have a 10 minute debuff for all the pets.

I must admit is is fun using muti-shot on a hunter just as they dismount to insta kill their pet in a pvp situation.

1 comment:

  1. First one that comes to mind, is if a Deathknight cast Howling Blast as you are dismounting.
    for more info just visit to my site link:
    pet crematory tulsa oklahoma

    ReplyDelete