Saturday, April 21, 2012

Venomscale Spitter = Non-rare Br Madexx?

I was flying around Uldum today, waiting for my hearthstone to recharge when I noticed something disturbing. South of the Oasis is a common mob called the Venomscale Spitter. Upon closer examination, I realized it's the exact same model is the brown Madexx. Is this new with the patch, or has Madexx's model not been special for a while now?
I just wanted to verify that if you had the BROWN version of Madexx like I did, gratz! You now have a common brown scorpid. If you want a rare skin pet you need to farm Madexx a second time.

This sucks. But they've done it in the past. Humar > Pitch comes to mind. One minute you have a rare and hard to obtain pet and then next you have a common skinned pet.
I think it's a nice step in the right direction. Camping for Madexx blows as hard as a fan thrown into a hurricane.

Edit: And yes, I have tamed a bronze madexx.
Yep its a more attainable model of the Maddex skin for those that dont have the chance to get it. Uldum got quite a few new skinned mobs in it. Allot of other places got some new pet looks too soo go check them out. Some are rares soo u might be waiting about 4 hours for the skin desighn that u want the most. :P
I think it's a nice step in the right direction. Camping for Madexx blows as hard as a fan thrown into a hurricane.

Edit: And yes, I have tamed a bronze madexx.


I hope they don't continue the trend with other rare spawns, but that's not what is the concern here. If Blizzard wanted to make the skin more available they should have created a new color of it so those hunters who had been lucky enough to tame a brown Madexx would still have something somewhat unique for doing something that "blows" so hard.

For the record, I have a blue Madexx so while this change does not effect me as an individual, the act in itself is what bothers me.
I have a brown and a black Madexx. While I was initially disappointed in Blizzard's choice to make the brown skin more common, after some thought, I'm fairly pleased that they've done so: after six years, the old scorpion model is quite frankly boring.
Im not to big of a fan of the old scorpion models myself unless the old skin is drasticly alterd on a mob in the futer (possibly a spirit scorpion desighn thats not translucent?). However i do love the black and red maddex i was able to tame awhile back. If u like bugs u should also try for the Green Beetle its a rare, one of a kind and can only be found in Southern barrens its pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment