Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hunter DPS on trash

[:1]I know dps isn't important on trash pulls and the single target boss dps is what really counts, but my personal dps takes huge dips when clearing trash especially in dungeons.

And I have to be doing something wrong, I see other hunters when I'm healing on my priest or dpsing on my other classes pulling 13 or 14k on bosses and maintaining 9 and 10 on trash.

I can hold 12k easy on bosses, but when it comes to trash breaking 7k is tough. What am I doing wrong or should do different to maintain my dps on the small pulls between the main events? Oh MM by the way.
Eh, if its a large pull (5+) I will pre-load trap launcher, hit MD and Multi till im out of focus (about 5 times) tossing out a Explo trap about midway. After that I just slip into my single-target rotation and I do fairly well. I can normally maintain 12k+ between bosses, pulling 18k-ish bosses, so yes it is a huge dps loss on trash but you can still do more than enough to feel like you're pulling your weight.

If you still feel bad, you could always swap specs for trash and keep surv as your offspec.
dont aoe if CC is being used

also, try doing your boss rotation on the trash as best you can but if a mob is about to die, dont waist a high focus ability on it
Much appreciated for all the information and tips.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment